Mediatel’s one day Future of Brands conference returns in 2019, once again in association with Ebiquity. Building on last year’s highly regarded debut event we will be picking up on the key issues facing brands in in this complex, digital world.
This year we are keen to explore the impact voice marketing will make over the next few years – very significant in the view of some; and we will look more broadly at marketing to machines.
We will hear case studies on the development of brand experiences, pulling together both offline and online examples; and explore the growth of social e-commerce.
With so many vying for the consumer’s attention in so many ways, loyalty marketing is taking on new emphasis. We will explore that, and the other possibility that you might be battling to deal with a loss of trust in your brand?
It’s no wonder in such a fast moving world that marketers are starting to seek new and different agency relationships; and agencies in turn are keen to preserve their place at the table and extend their impact and influence where possible. We ask what agency models are coming to the fore and where the management consultancies sit in all this.
Future of Brands will also debate whether the influence of brands is disappearing from many purchase journeys in a marketplace increasingly run by algorithms, and how this might be countered. We aim to tackle AI, AR and VR making clear distinctions between the three.
The Future of Brands is the go-to event for CMOs, agencies, senior media owners & tech companies, providing a full day of presentations, interviews and debates around all the key and most topical themes.
Key themes include:
- What’s next for digital transformation and its impact on brands and brand value?
- The future impact of voice assistants on brands
- Marketing to machines
- Brand Trust, Partnerships and Community – do you stand for something in the eyes of consumers?
- How to building customer experiences in-store and online.
- Social e-commerce (including Snapchat, Instagram and influencers) – the role of digital platforms in shaping customer experiences
- What will a brand’s agency roster look like in the future?
- Have we cracked programmatic transparency yet?